Urology/Pain and burnings near pubics.

Hello sir,
I am 25 years old male. I am having pain with burning feelings right above the penis and below the navel for last one month. But this pain is very close to the area where penis starts.
In starting days I was feeling this pain only on right side or left side of pubics. Mostly right side. But now I am feeling this pain and burning feeling on both sides and also right above the penis.
I am afraid it may be some kind of infection in seminal vesicle or prostrate gland. I think so because I haven't been masturbating for last one year and also there is no any night discharge in last 6 months.
Now I noticed that the  pain and burning sensation has increased very much in last few days. And sometimes when I press these areas with  my fingers then I feel slight pain inside. But it doesn't happen everytime I press here.
I feel this pain even when the urinary bladder is empty.
Sir I want to know what may be the cause for this pain and burning feeling. And how can it be cured.
Thanks in advance.

I doubt that your symptoms indicate any seminal vesical problems, but prostatitis is a possibility.  You should contact a local physician for a precise diagnosis and specific treatment.

Therapy for prostatitis typically includes avoidance of caffeine, sitting in a hot tub 1-2 times daily, avoidance of hot spices, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, etc.  Each case is treated a bit differently and most patients are cured.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute