Urology/priapism

Question
QUESTION: what would the best case scenario be with stem cell therapy? with me being young is there a chance the erectile tissue could regenerate in time? if I had a prosthesis there would be a chance of infection, if the shaft is all scar tissue then I wunt be any better of because it would just be a prosthesis surrounded in scar tissue it would still constrict in time and the sensation wudn't be any better. when do u think I should consider this should I wait a few more months?

ANSWER: James:

At this point, there is insufficient information available on stem cell therapy to give you a prognosis.  Some erectile cells may regenerate, but the existing scar tissue will be a problem.

Yes, if you had a prosthesis there would always be a risk of infection.

Some of the scar tissue is opened or removed at surgery for the prosthesis.  This is not going to constrict over time as the prosthesis prevents that.  You are correct that the prosthesis will handle erections without any benefit to sensation.

My suggestion is to consult with an experienced urologist now.

QUESTION: do you think the entire shaft will be scar tissue if I am managing to have sex or would it be impossible to have sex if it were all scar tissue? how long will it take for erectile cells to regenerate? do you think it is a good idea to take caverjet again it gave more ridgidity but I was in a lot of pain, the dr told me it was normal but I was in more pain than I ever experienced on the Viagra, when I was on the Viagra it was just painfull for a few seconds at a time so I was never alarmed but on the caverjet I was in agony for ages, my erection took over a hour to go completely flaccid do u think I caused further damage? thanks for the replys

ANSWER: James:

I doubt you caused any further damage.  I suspect the pain was due to the battle between the caverject trying to expand the penis and the scar tissue holding it back.

No conclusion can be drawn from the fact that you managed to have sex.

QUESTION: what is good abot me being young?? i'll ask for some caverjet can I buy it anywhere online? do u know of any good stem cell places in or near Chicago?

Answer
James:

Younger tissue has better healing than older tissue.  You can buy caverject like any other prescription product.  I am not aware of any stem cell locations near Chicago as that is not my field. Northwestern in Chicago has a well known Male Andrology center.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD