Urology/Tensing legs, pelvic floor?

Hi! I think I have a little problem with my libido. It seems like I have to squeeze my legs and pelvic muscles etc. to maintain arousal when I'm masturbating because otherwise I dont feel any excitement? I have noticed sometime that if I fart when I'm having an erection, the arousal and the erection starts to go away and I think its because my pelvic muscles etc. relax so much after that. Is this possible or does it have something to do with prostate? I can keep an erection about 5 minutes if I stimulate my penis when im sitting or lying down but without stimulation its hard for me to keep an erection. Does this sound like a venous leak?

I cannot explain your arousal issue medically.  Arousal is generally not due to pelvic muscle tension or relaxation but rather on blood flow.  Also, the prostate is not typically involved in arousal or erections.  Your description does not sound like venous leak.  Talk to your local physician to better determine the nature of your problem.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute