Urology/Tensing legs, pelvic floor?

Question
Hi! I think I have a little problem with my libido. It seems like I have to squeeze my legs and pelvic muscles etc. to maintain arousal when I'm masturbating because otherwise I dont feel any excitement? I have noticed sometime that if I fart when I'm having an erection, the arousal and the erection starts to go away and I think its because my pelvic muscles etc. relax so much after that. Is this possible or does it have something to do with prostate? I can keep an erection about 5 minutes if I stimulate my penis when im sitting or lying down but without stimulation its hard for me to keep an erection. Does this sound like a venous leak?

Answer
Jason:

I cannot explain your arousal issue medically.  Arousal is generally not due to pelvic muscle tension or relaxation but rather on blood flow.  Also, the prostate is not typically involved in arousal or erections.  Your description does not sound like venous leak.  Talk to your local physician to better determine the nature of your problem.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD