Urology/More urine passing

Dear Doctor,
I am passing urine more than the water consumption. I consulted with   the Urology doctor, he says it is good and your kidney is functioning well after seeing the one week report of total water consumption and total urine passed.Per day if I consume 1.5 ltrs, urine passed is 2.5ltrs.Velocity test and other test through anal also done and the report says no issue.Almost minmum 8 times I pass the urine.Is there really problem in my kidney or just I am unnecessarily afraid.Please advise.

You are unnecessarily afraid.  It is obviously impossible to always urinate more fluid than you take in.  Eventually you would become dehydrated, lose weight and show other signs of dehydration.  Since your tests were normal, this is most likely just your anxiety.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute