Urology/Bowel/Prostate Trouble

I have had bowel or prostate problems for  months,i seem to have a leakage going into my bowels,i think it is semen but I am not sure, I also seem to have a shooting pain in my groin/testicle area and lower back pain on the right side , this is all leaving me warn out and very tired all the time , can you advise me in what the cause might be.

Thank you.

I can't determine much about the nature of your problem from just your brief description.  Semen is extremely unlikely to end up in the bowel as there are many layers of tissue in between.  Pain in the testicle and lower back could indicate prostatitis.  Check with your physician to be sure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute