Urology/chronic masturbation loss of penis sensitivity and sexual libido

Question
Hello Sir.  i am 22 years old.  and have been masturbating either everyday or every other day for the past 2 years now from 2011 thru 2012! and even in January 2013!   i had a  mental life crisis i told myself if i don't stop i could damage myself permanently  so i have stopped! this will be my first month without masturbating!  let me explain my problem!! since i  have been jacking it to often, i have lost that tingly tense felling i used to get when aroused or while i masturbated! also that powerful sexual urge i used to get just thinking about women and sexual thoughts  is gone as well!   my penis is not as sensitive as it once was even when its soft  i just touch it and it seems desensitized to the touch. i also noticed this the only time i can get erection naturally is just in the mornings!! like if i was to masturbate now i would have to touch myself first for it to get hard!! used to i would just start thinking thoughts and it would be erect in the very next second!!  i also pre cum 10 times quicker now like i could masturbate for just 2 min and if i stopped my penis as it went soft would still ooze  out clear semen.  that never used to happen when i was normal..   i just need to know on how i can recover from this?   how many months should i take? i will be starting a workout program this month so i will be busy enough to take my mind of it!  i have been told there is no such thing as over masturbation and that this problem is all in my head!  but i know for a fact my libido sexual feelings and penis sensitivity have dropped!!   hopefully i don't have to see a doctor!!! but if i do then i will. but i just need to now if i can cure this 100% just by not masturbating for a very long time?  or maybe by taking some kind of supplements

what is your thoughts on how i can cure this mess?

Answer
Ron:

Your problem is almost certainly psychological and related to anxiety and similar emotional issues.  You cannot recover from this by your own; you'll need some professional help to overcome these issues.  You will absolutely need to see a physician to obtain a proper referrals and for a baseline evaluation.  Stopping masturbation is not going to solve your problem and neither will taking a supplement.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD