Urology/Fear of Infertility

Question
QUESTION: Hello I am Rohit 25 yrs age. I am not sure if am asking the right person but for any help/advice i'll be extremely thankful. I took testosterone boosters(250 mg thrice a month) for about 7 months. But from july last year i've stopped them. I know that those boosters causes short term semen decrease(infertility). My question is can this side-effect be lifetime. Because for the past few days i am feeling little pain in my left ball of testicles(that too only sometimes). This pain was not there though when i was taking the boosters. My left ball is also deeper than right one. Is it normal ?

ANSWER: Rohit:

It is possible for testosterone supplementation to reduce fertility but it would be unusual for this effect to be permanent in your age group once the testosterone was stopped.  The pain in the testicle almost certainly has nothing to do with the testosterone you took.  Check with your local physician or consult a urologist for a definitive answer about the testicle.

QUESTION: Oh thanks a lot i am so satisfied in listening a good response. Yes its been 7 months since i stopped them. Do you think the amount/time win which i took those t-boosters was a prolonged time? And is there a natural way for knowing that my body is still producing testosterone naturally. Because an orthopedician doctor told me that it can happen that body stops producing natural testosterone if you take t-boosters.

Answer
Rohit:

7 months is a relatively short time and at your age it should recover, but that is not a guarantee.  If you are concerned about your testosterone level and fertility, the only way to know for sure is to do a blood test for testosterone and semen analysis.  There is no "natural" way to determine this.  It is true that the body may stop producing testosterone if you take supplements for too long a period, but this is uncommon in your age group especially when the duration is relatively short.  But the only way to be sure is to have the blood test done.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD