Urology/Lab Results

Question
Hello, can you tell what the following results mean:

RBC 25-50
Specific Gravity >=1.030
Occult Blood - Large
Protein - Trace
Mucus Present

All others were normal

I am constantly wetting myself, just the mere act of walking causes it. Constant pain in my right side under my rib (I have had my galbladder removed). Constant lower back pain. CT scan was normal as was ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries.

Answer
Tammy:

The urine results suggest a concentrated urine with substantial blood in it.  The source of the blood and your right sided pain cannot be determined from the available information.  You should consult a urologist about the blood.  Most likely you will need a cystoscopy to make sure the bladder is OK without any tumors, ulcers or polyps.  Low back pain can be handled by your primary physician, neurology, neurosurgery or orthopedics.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD