Urology/Lab Results

Hello, can you tell what the following results mean:

RBC 25-50
Specific Gravity >=1.030
Occult Blood - Large
Protein - Trace
Mucus Present

All others were normal

I am constantly wetting myself, just the mere act of walking causes it. Constant pain in my right side under my rib (I have had my galbladder removed). Constant lower back pain. CT scan was normal as was ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries.

The urine results suggest a concentrated urine with substantial blood in it.  The source of the blood and your right sided pain cannot be determined from the available information.  You should consult a urologist about the blood.  Most likely you will need a cystoscopy to make sure the bladder is OK without any tumors, ulcers or polyps.  Low back pain can be handled by your primary physician, neurology, neurosurgery or orthopedics.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute