Hello.  I am writing because I recently noticed that the tip of my penis is almost ticklish. I have no problem while urinating or ejaculating.  Only when I am relaxed, I feel that the tip is overly sensitive. Also, when I masterbate it's much easier for me to ejaculate.  This just started happening in the past week or two.  I thought maybe because I just relocated from a warm climate to a cold one and now am wearing underwear, which I did not wear before. Also, I was previously very sexually active with one partner, but now I am not due to my move.  Any thoughts on what it could be and how long I should wait to see if it fades?
Thank you

As far as we know, there really is no such thing as "ovversensitivity" of the tip of the penis without some obvious problem like an injury or an infection which doe snot seem to apply to your case.  Your change in location, use of underwear and sudden lack of a regular partner may be to blame.  Your other problem of premature ejaculation may also be due to these factors, but is treatable.  Talk to your physician.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute