Urology/mild, constant discomfort at end of penis

Question
Hi, i am a 23 year old male and i have had a slight discomfort in what mostly feels like the end of my penis (inside) for months now. I first noticed it while i was holidaying in Mexico roughly 5 months ago. It is a discomforting tingle which kind of makes me feel like i need to urinate but i don't. This issue lasts for a week or so at a time and seems to not be so apparent when my mind is strongly on something else (sport, work etc) and it never reaches past a 2 or 3 on the pain scale. I have been tested and STD's etc and i'm clean i also visited a urologist and performed a flow test which showed no signs of blockage etc. As my symptoms were not really apparent when i saw the Urologist i was more or less dismissed after nothing was found from that test. I also feel like i'm urinating more frequently that usual and when i don't particularly have a full bladder. Do you have any theories on what this could be?

Answer
Alex:

A feeling at the tip of the penis sometimes indicates irritation at the bladder neck and/or prostatitis.  Urine and flow tests can be negative.  If your current urologist cannot find a cause or institute a helpful treatment, get a second urology opinion. Meanwhile, try avoiding caffeine and sit in a hot tub twice a day.  This almost always helps vague pelvic problems.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD