Urology/mild, constant discomfort at end of penis

Hi, i am a 23 year old male and i have had a slight discomfort in what mostly feels like the end of my penis (inside) for months now. I first noticed it while i was holidaying in Mexico roughly 5 months ago. It is a discomforting tingle which kind of makes me feel like i need to urinate but i don't. This issue lasts for a week or so at a time and seems to not be so apparent when my mind is strongly on something else (sport, work etc) and it never reaches past a 2 or 3 on the pain scale. I have been tested and STD's etc and i'm clean i also visited a urologist and performed a flow test which showed no signs of blockage etc. As my symptoms were not really apparent when i saw the Urologist i was more or less dismissed after nothing was found from that test. I also feel like i'm urinating more frequently that usual and when i don't particularly have a full bladder. Do you have any theories on what this could be?

A feeling at the tip of the penis sometimes indicates irritation at the bladder neck and/or prostatitis.  Urine and flow tests can be negative.  If your current urologist cannot find a cause or institute a helpful treatment, get a second urology opinion. Meanwhile, try avoiding caffeine and sit in a hot tub twice a day.  This almost always helps vague pelvic problems.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute