Urology/non retraction of foreskin since childhood

i am 44 years old my foreskin hasnt been retracted since around 11/12 years old .i remember it stuck fully retracted in the bath and i had to go n get my dad to help me i panicked and never pulled it back after that i have suffered years of discomfort and mental issues with this it is like a pinhole at the tip i have been to doctor in the psat but nothing he suggested worked now i am facing surgery should i be concerned or go for it.

You should consult a urologist for a detailed review of the pros and cons of treatment which in your case would be a circumcision.  I would tend to recommend it as it avoids potentially serious problems later.  If unsure about the answers, you can always get a second opinion.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute