Urology/Pain in left testicle with small lump at the base of left testicle

Question
Hi.

I have been recently having semi constant pains which have now turned into constant testes pain when I tried to fix it by trying to twist the testes to the 'correct' position to relieve the pain.

It occurs only in the left tesicle. It is very sensitive and feels discomfort real easily. Anything from folding a leg to leaning on 1 leg while standing can be enough pressure to cause discomfort. Even baggy lose pants does not solve the problem. It causes me to masturbate so much more with the extra stimulation and making my life a pain.

There is also a small lump at the base of the left tesicle. Visually it is not obvious, but when felt and compared to the right testicle, it is not symmetrical and the lump does not occur on the other side.

One theory that I have is that I might have played with my testes a bit too much and shifted it out of its original alignment during showers (like twisting it around 360 degrees). But after I tried to reverse it now, it seems to get worse. If I see a doctor, can they help to shift it back? Is there anyone that knows how to shift a testicle to its original position? Like a penis therapist or something. I really do not want to resort to surgery to fix it. Are ultrasoudns required?

Answer
Shaun:

It is extremely unlikely that you shifted the testicle out of position yourself.  A normal testicle cannot be twisted out of position as it's held in place securely.  If the attachements are sub-optimal, then an abnormal twisting is possible.  

Even if you could manually shift the testicle to a better position, the problem that allowed it to move is still present and needs to be repaired which may require a surgery for a permanet fix.  If you don't want a surgery and the testicle has insufficient fixation, you are not going to be able to permanently fix it without surgery.  An ultrasound is a very good place to start an evaluation of any chronic testicle problem.  You should consult a urologist.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD