Urology/Pelvic floor spasms?

Question
I've been having these pelvic floor spasms. Couple of days ago I had a very big morning erection when I woke up and I contracted the pelvic muscles involuntarily while having an erection and this really did hurt my penis and was painful. After that I haven't had any morning erections and I'm bit concerned. Do you think that this episode could have cause some damage, venous leak for example? Cause I understand that when you contract pelvic muscles it pumps more blood to the penis so is it possible that maybe the veins couldn't take that pressure when I already had an big erection? Is this possible?! Thank you!

Answer
Stan:

Venous leak is not caused by pelvic muscle spasms.  Contracting the pelvic muscles does not necessarily increase any blood flow to the penis.  Even if it did, once the erection is up, there is very little new blood flow to the penis so your conjecture about damage to the veins is quite unlikely.  If you continue to have problems, contact your physician.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD