Urology/Pelvic floor spasms?

I've been having these pelvic floor spasms. Couple of days ago I had a very big morning erection when I woke up and I contracted the pelvic muscles involuntarily while having an erection and this really did hurt my penis and was painful. After that I haven't had any morning erections and I'm bit concerned. Do you think that this episode could have cause some damage, venous leak for example? Cause I understand that when you contract pelvic muscles it pumps more blood to the penis so is it possible that maybe the veins couldn't take that pressure when I already had an big erection? Is this possible?! Thank you!

Venous leak is not caused by pelvic muscle spasms.  Contracting the pelvic muscles does not necessarily increase any blood flow to the penis.  Even if it did, once the erection is up, there is very little new blood flow to the penis so your conjecture about damage to the veins is quite unlikely.  If you continue to have problems, contact your physician.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute