You are here:

Urology/penis nerve damage can it be repaired?


i injured my penis at age 15 or so with hot water coming out of the shower head(with shower head off) now i'm 45 years old, and haven't had a orgasm since than.sperm does come out if i can keep myself erect but i get no feeling from it sometimes take over 1 hour.
Is there any thing that might help?


If there has not been sufficient healing or recovery for 30 years, then it is doubrful that much can be done surgically.  Erections can be aided by Viagra type therapy.

Usually, climax and orgasm are handled by internal nerves and are not usually affected by the type of injury you've described.  In these cases, we may look at psychological effects and possible sex therapy.  talk to your family physician about exploring these options.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.