Urology/Prostate enlargement

I am scheduled for a biopsy on the 28th of this month.
Is there the risk of getting backward eyaculation?
Is there the risk of having to have a catheter inserted for many days after the biopsy?
I appreciate any information.

You mean retrograde ejaculation.  That would be quite rare and unusual after a prostate biopsy, but in medicine nothing is 100% totally impossible.

There is a risk of needing a catheter after the biopsy, but this also would be exceedingly rare.  I have not seen either of these problems occur after prostate biopsies, but that doesn't guarantee that they can't happen; just that they may be quite rare.

Bleeding is the most common side effect of prostate biopsies followed by infection.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute