Urology/Prostate enlargement

Question
I am scheduled for a biopsy on the 28th of this month.
Is there the risk of getting backward eyaculation?
Is there the risk of having to have a catheter inserted for many days after the biopsy?
I appreciate any information.

Answer
Andres:

You mean retrograde ejaculation.  That would be quite rare and unusual after a prostate biopsy, but in medicine nothing is 100% totally impossible.

There is a risk of needing a catheter after the biopsy, but this also would be exceedingly rare.  I have not seen either of these problems occur after prostate biopsies, but that doesn't guarantee that they can't happen; just that they may be quite rare.

Bleeding is the most common side effect of prostate biopsies followed by infection.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD