Urology/Prostate problem.

Dear Sir,

Sorry to bother you,once again,but this time question is with good news.My PSA came down to 3.59ng/ml on treatment with Silodosin and dutasteride capsules for 140days.Parallely on observing some inflamation on seminal vesicles he gave doxy 100mg for last 21days.
Now,on 29th Jan.he prescribed ofloxacin 4oomg instead, continuing silodosin & dutasteride,for 45days.

I am afraid whether these drugs may induce some other problem,as i am already taking BP tablets-Amlodipine-2.5mg and Atenolol 25mg,once/day.Further I am Narrow angle Glaucoma patient,but better with my vision after Laser and Phaco surgeries in BEs.Iop is 12mmHg,without any eye drops now at the age of 75.
Would you like to comment,as I understand each drug has side/adverse effect.
kindly appreciate my anxiety and advise,as I would not take as second opinion.
I am unable to realize the ultimate target of Urologist.
Thanking you,
Warm regards,

Dutasteride will reduce the PSA level by about 50% so your level of 3.59 while on dutasteride is equivalent to 7.18 without the dutasteride which is still too high and may indicate either enlargement, infectiono or a possible cancer.  

You really should consult a urologist with your problem if you can.

Side effects tend to involve blood pressure and dizziness.  You can look up the drugs on the internet for a listing of their side effect profiles.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute