Urology/small tear above my External urethral orifice

Dear sir,

I am  a 32 year old uncircumcised male.
I have a small tear above my External urethral orifice, it happened when i was mastrubating and clenched my buttoks,
there was some bood, the bleeding stopped and it appeared that the wound healed, at that time the tear was about 1 mm long,
this happened about seven years ago, now the tear has grown to about 2.5 to 3 mm long, there was no pain till recently,
now there is a slight burning sensation on the tip of my penis, this sensation occurs after urination and lasts for about 2 or three hours.
sometimes it goes away.

I have two queries :
1) can the tear be repaired, how long does it take for the surgery and recovery?
2) is the burinig senation related to the tear?

THere must be some reason why it hasn't healed in 7 years.  Most likely a surgical repair is possible.  Surgery for a small laceration on the penis may only take 20 minutes, but anesthesia and paperwork will take far longer.  Recovery is usually around 2 weeks.

Its impossible to determine if the burning sensation you've noted is related to the tear.  You will need to see a urologist and you can ask him to check this for you.  I suspect they are related.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute