Urology/Testicle injuries

Question
My husband was hit in his testicles and instead of the normal reaction of wincing in pain etc he became angry and almost violent.  No one got hurt but he does not remember much of what happened after getting hit which would include all of about five minutes.  Is this common? And why would he reacted in such a way?  The only thing I could think of is a mental reaction due to trauma in his past or childhood.  Is there anything we can do to make sure this does not happen again or should he see a specialist?

Answer
Jacqui:

I can't explain your husband's strange reaction to his injury.  It certainly isn't common nor can I shed any light on who may be able to help.  A mental health professional might be one place to start since his reaction was anger rather than pain and there might be some childhood trauma that is responsible.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD