Urology/Testicular Pain

Hi doctor, i've been suffering with chronic testicular pain for about three months now. Started as a dull ache and seems to get worse when I stress. It's becoming a bit of a living hell for me. I've had multiple urine tests, swabs and an ultrasound and the only thing that showed up was that I had an NSU. That was in December. At the time i had no urine issues, but soon after started feeling urgency and frequency and some uncomfortable sensations in my urethra. These seemed to have settled down now. But not completely, and i'm still suffering with mild testicular pain. I've had weeks and weeks of antibiotics but nothing's seemed to be doing the job. If there's any info or light you could shed on the situation that would be great.

Thanks again.

You should be seeing a urologist.  Typically, the next step is often to try a local anesthetic block of the spermatic cord.  If this gets rid of the pain, then we know it's coming from the testicle.  If so, a surgical exploration and possible removal may be the only way to get rid of the discomfort.  If the cord block is not successful, then the source of the pain may not be from the testicle and benefits from a surgery would be more problematic.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute