Urology/Brown Semen/Discharge

Question
DR.
Im a healthy 42 yr old. I recently had an episode of brownish semen during sex. I hadnt had sex for couple wks prior. After a week it happened again during sex. Thought it would go away after couple more wks, and this time it was brown discharge after BM. I did have purplish/red blood out my penis after rough sex in 2010. A Urologist did scope, and carterized an area..thought i was more prone from relafen I was on..All looked good he said. My PSA was normal too in 2011. Im freaking out because I thought it would be gone by now!

Answer
Mark:

You should probably check with a urologist again.  Sometimes we will need to do another cystoscopy, a transrectal ultrasound of the prostate and seminal vesicles or an MRI due to the long duration of the problem.  Usually, this kind of bleeding is relatively harmless and goes away by itself.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD