Urology/curious

Question
Hi there, I was wondering, how does one lower their Blood urine nitrogen (BUN) level? Is there a certain kind of supplement that a person could take, & if so,  is there  a specific kind of supplement that u would recommend? or is there a certain food, or overall diet that would help bring down a person's BUN level? hope u can answer this for me.
         Thank you

Answer
Dan:

BUN is a marker for kidney function and hydration status.  If you became dehydrated or developed kidney failure, then your BUN would increase.  Drinking enough water to make at least 1.5 liters of urine a day is the best way to keep BUN low.  There is no specific supplement or drug that will do this.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD