You are here:

Urology/Desensitized Penis


I am 21 and circumcised. I cannot feel any pleasure at all during sex/oral/masturbating. The only pleasure I can sometimes feel is when I orgasm. Everything else down there works fine, I can hold my erection, and I do cum every time. I am currently seeing an urologist for an overactive unstable bladder and am on Myrbetriq (I've had this problem before the medication). My urologist does not know why I have to use the bathroom like an 80 year old man, maybe these two symptoms are connected?


While anything is possible, there is usually no clear physical reason for your symptoms relating to lack of sexual pleasure.  A psycholgoical answer might need to be considered if nothing else is found.

Myrbetriq is a reasonable treatment for an unstable bladder.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.