Urology/Enlarged Seminal Vessicle

I am 21, never had any sexual relationship, I don't drink,don't smoke,I have been diagnosed with enlarged seminal vesicle by urologist. My right testis is like three times bigger than the left one. He told me, that it is due to hydrocele. But lately my right testicle feel so heavy, and slightly pain. Whenever I lift it, it ease the pain. Could you tell me what causes the seminal vesicle to be enlarged, what should I do to cure it. Plus, I ejaculated so quickly during sex arousal, and the semen is like transparent, and diluted. What should I do?.

An enlarged seminal vesicle could mean a blockage such as a cyst, but this usually causes enlargement on both sides.  Regardless, we typically don't treat it as it is usually asymptommatic.  It pobably8 has nothing to do with the semen changes you've noted.

A hydrocele can certainly cause heaviness and discomfort.  Naturally, when you lift it you are relieving the weight and the pain should diminish.  In such cases, only a surgical repair will cure the hydrocele.  

Premature ejaculation is another problem.  It is typically an anxiety issue and can be treated with either sex therapy by a certified practitioner or with medications which delay ejaculation.

You should discuss these issues with your urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute