Urology/ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

Question
IM 50 IN GOOD SHAPE(WORK OUT)NOT SEXUALLY ACTIVE UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN I MET SOME ONE. MY ERECTIONS AND DRIVE WHERE JUST NOT THERE.TOOK NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS AND THEY USE TO WORK, MAYBE I WAS YOUNGER? STARTED TAKING CIALIS 5MG DAILY.MY DOCTOR SAID MIGHT NEED MY HORMONES CHECKED.EVERYTHING WAS BETTER UNTIL PAST 30 DAYS OF TAKING CIALIS.THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM PLUS DISCOMFORT/SLIGHT PAIN IN THE RIGHT UPPER RIB CAGE AND RIGHT REAR SHOULDER BLADE.COULD THIS BE A SIDE EFFECT(GALLBLADDER/KIDNEY) OR ????

Answer
JC:

I suspect the cause of your pain has nothing to do with the cialis.  Such discomfort would not be considered a common side effect of cialis.  You should discuss this with your local physician.

Checking hormones (testosterone) level is reasonable.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD