Urology/Is it possible to get pregnant from residual semen in urethra after intercourse?

Teddy wrote at 2013-03-23 11:12:47
Samantha, I agree that there is no way to find the biological father of the baby except DNA. You have the get both of them to do the DNA test with you.

Zana wrote at 2013-04-05 16:08:15
Dear Dr.Goldstein,

in previous answers you explained that the chance of getting pregnant through residual sperm is really low.

So, i would think there is just a small chance it is the child of the other man.

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS