Urology/frequent urination

Question
QUESTION: hello doctor:my age is 21 and my left testis is enlarged...but sometimes they are in correct position but still the left testis is little lower...than the right one...bt does not have any pain......i am been suffering from frequent urination from past 4 months...having a burning sensation in my penis....having a mild crystitis in bladder....itching in between testis and rectum area...did ivp scan it showed the bladder wall slightly increased....also done ascending urethrogram....it also seemed to be normal...the doctors told me that i have prostatitis...while doing the ultra sound scan the prostate appeared to be normal....culture report showed e- coli bacteria.....doctors prescribed me cipran 500[3 weeks],levoday 500[3 weeks] and urimax 0.2mg for [3 months]...will these be helpful for me....pls pls suggest its affecting my life a lot....thank u

ANSWER: Arjun:

Your symptoms are certainly consistent with a urinary tract infection and prostatitis.  Your treatment also has been reasonable, but in some cases longer treatment periods are needed.  Your physicians appear to be acting appropriately.

QUESTION: thank u doctor and should i need to worry about my testis......and if you dont mind i may ask u some questions in near future....and what could i do to bring back my testis in normal......

Answer
Arjun:

It is not abnormal to have one testicle lower than the other.  There is nothing simple that you can do yourself about that.  If the testicle position is outside the scrotum and actually enters the groin area, then a surgery to fix it in place is possible.  You'll need to talk to a urologist to determine if this is recommended or necessary.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD