Urology/Husband having ejackulation issues

Question
Doctor,
My husband had bladder retention about a month ago and he had 2 different fully catheters inserted the second was inserted with little to no lubrication. it was forced in very harshly and ever since he has been unable to ejaculate. he had the 2nd cath in for 7 days. Is this just temporary or is this serious. my husband is 59 years old and we are trying to get pregnant (I am much younger) please if you have any Ideas of a way to help please contact me ASAP.

Answer
Jessica:

It is unlikely that the catheters caused an ejaculation problem but in medicine anything is possible.  He may now be on medication for his urinary retention and several such medicines have side effects that interfere with ejaculation.  I suggest that he consults with a local urologist about these problems.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD