Urology/Husband having ejackulation issues

My husband had bladder retention about a month ago and he had 2 different fully catheters inserted the second was inserted with little to no lubrication. it was forced in very harshly and ever since he has been unable to ejaculate. he had the 2nd cath in for 7 days. Is this just temporary or is this serious. my husband is 59 years old and we are trying to get pregnant (I am much younger) please if you have any Ideas of a way to help please contact me ASAP.

It is unlikely that the catheters caused an ejaculation problem but in medicine anything is possible.  He may now be on medication for his urinary retention and several such medicines have side effects that interfere with ejaculation.  I suggest that he consults with a local urologist about these problems.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute