Urology/Hydrocele

Question
I just had hydrocele repair on 3-6-13. I have never had any type of trama or injury in that area.
I am recovering nicely very little pain or swelling.
I havent found a reason that makes sense to why this occured.
I am a runner runabout 30 miles a week since i was 36 yrs old. I am 68 yrs. i was told that
Running without support would not cause hydrocele.  That would be the only reason that i could think of that could have caused this condition that i could find. No one agrees with my opinion. So iam still looking for a logical answer to why this occured.  Do you have an opinion?

Answer
Jim:

Hydroceles are thought to be due to minor trauma to the testicle that caused some inflammation, swelling, release of tissue fluid, and expansion of the hydrocele so the running with or without support could certainly have contributed.  In some cases, we never find a suitable answer or cause.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD