Urology/low t and kidney stones

Question
good morning, my question is as follows, i was diagnosed
with MEN type 1 in 1988 with a pituitary tumor, over active parathyroid and a mass on my panaceas. had surgeries to remove 3 and a half parathyroid, transfinodial surgery to remove pit tumor. had a total thyroidectomy in 96 and since 2009 been battling constant kidney stones. but between 88 and 2008 no stones... I was on a testosterone therapy in which i was giving myself a 1 cc injection every 3 weeks. but no one took me off the therapy, i ran out of needles and my doc at the current time said i should be ok.my wife found some info saying it could be low t. can you help or point me in a direction.

Answer
Carl:

Low testosterone does not typically cause kidney stones.  What you need is a good 24 hour urine test for kidney stone prevention analysis and treatment.  If you don't have a local physician with this expertise, you may want to consider a trip to a major center where experts in this can be found.  Dr. Fred Coe and his group in Chicago are widely recognized as world class experts and there are about another 30 or so in the US.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD