Urology/Lumps on the penis. Under the head, on the shaft

Question
Hello,

This is the first time i'll be asking questions on such a site, but quite frankly...I'm scared and concerned and I've heard good responses from people who ask around here.

Here's my problem.

About a week ago, i noticed this weird soft lump under the head of my penis, on the shaft, on the left side, under the skin. It's not that painful (the penis itself hurts from time to time, but only so, when i start thinking too much into the lump and i tink it's more psychological), i can press it and so on. I do feel a slight...discomfort in that area, but it's really mild and veeeeery rare. I have no problems iwht an erection or ejaculation. I can urinate without any problems aswell and no pain.

The lump appears when the penis is flacid and persists until a full erection. Then it dissapears (or becomes less visible).

Another thing..I have tis huuuuge lump right under it, alongside the shaft, going into the scrotum. It's about the size of..hmm...maybe a small finger? A childs pinky, perhaps. I have it for about 2-4 years now. It doesn't hurt aswell and it's soft when flacid and semi hard when i have an erection.
Could this be related?

I'm sorry, if i'm posting the question in the wrong section and if it seems stupid...
But i'm slightly worried (even tho other sources are saying it's most likely a lymph clot and it's nothing major)

Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Paul:

You are posting it in the right section, but you are not going to get the answer you want.  It is impossible to make any reliable determinations about lumps and skin lesions from just a description even with photos.  Even if we could, we are specifically prohibited from making a diagnosis.  This site is not intended to be a substitute for a physician's visit; just general questions.

However, in general, a lump in the penis or scrotum that appears relatively soft and has not changed much in several years is unlikely to be anything serious.  Beyond that, we really can't determine the exact nature.  You should make an appointment with your local physician.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD