Urology/microscopic hematuria

hello, recently i was in the er. with kidney/flank pain on both sides. severe abdomen/lower pain. excruciating headache in the front and sides and slight nausea, and.....faint green tinted urine!!! these symptoms went on a week before i went to er.

i was seen by an er dr. and did a pee n blood test. he sent me for a ct scan as well.. ct scan was normal and urine test showed no infecion.......but he said it showed blood... he discharged me w trimadol.

well bc no insurance i was refered to a free dr. office for followup. only problem, today is now 2 weeks after symptoms started and i cannot be seen for 2 more weeks. making it roughly a month after symptoms started.

i still have all symptoms besides the nausea, thats mainly gone. but i still have everything else. and now i am starting to see tine,clearish,grains in my urine.

i had some leftover azythromycin fast pack 6 day i took- helped a bit but not really.

do you know anything about this!!!!!!!

It's not easy coming up with a diagnosis when the CT scan and urinalysis are officially read as normal.  An unusual infection is one option.  If the blood traces continue, a look into the bladder with a thin, flexible scope is helpful.  Azithromycin is not a great drug to use for urinary problems and now you've complicated the diagnostic process by introducing an antibiotic not prescribed for your for this problem.  This makes a definitive diagnosis more difficult.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute