Urology/Penis injury can lead to infection also?

I am suffering from penis injury caused by excessive masturbation. Injury is on penis head on the left side down of penis head. I think it is internal because I can not see anything on penis skin or externally. How will I know that injury reached urethra? I do not bleed during urination. Will it bleed during urination if wound spreads or reaches urethra? Will it cause infection? Please note that I do not bleed during urination. Is there still chance of self recovery?

It is unlikely for any penile injury from masturbation to affect voiding or the urethra.  The systems are separate.  If a urethral injury happened, there would most likely be noticeable blood in the urine or at least microscopic blood.  Most penile injuries not involving the urethra heal on their own, but it can take some time.  You may want to check with your local physicians.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute