Urology/i really need help o dnt know where else to turn...

ok im 18 years old and this problem started back about 6 months ago I was at the gym on bench press and felt something pull in my upper leg/groin area and 2 days later I started having problems......frst my right testie was sore and swollen for about a week went to the hospitale the set me an apt with a urollgest so took me 3 month to get in and I explane to him what had happened and tht thing had gotton woser tht I was numb and it was hard to get a boner and he says he don't know what it could be hes never seen a case like tht...... so he put me on Cialis thinking its in my head and it heled somewhat still numb still hard to get it up on my own guy I need help wht could this hard flaccid penis be? whats the cause? and is there any help out there because this is killing me I jus wanna be my old self again....

I'm in the same boat as your urologist.  There is no known mechanism where doing a bench press would end up causing penile numbness.  In your case, it may have provoked an epididymal infection, but even that should not cause erection difficulties.  A hernia would also be possible, but again we would not normally expect ED from that.  Cialis is a reasonable treatment for the ED, but doesn't explain the numbness.  Since there is persistent numbness and it affected the groin area, you might consider a consultation with a neurologist (nerve specialist) and a general surgeon (hernia expert).

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute