QUESTION: hello mr leslie a question, if your penis with your hand turns that I have done quite often, can damage the nerves and the like hitting something? greetings

ANSWER: Abdulhamit:

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.  Manually twisting the penis can cause permanent damage to the penis if done excessively or to extremes. Mild or limited twisting is not likely to be harmful.

QUESTION: no not hard turning mr leslie, I have a compulsive disorder I perform certain operations often again so I also since yesterday often did my penis turning with my hand not extreme but just normal I got this in an erect state did when I I turned the side of my glans saw, I can here also damage or penis?, and damage to the penis, what should I feel intense pain shooting? can tell you more about me thank you

ANSWER: Abdulhamit:

There is no "normal" twisting of the penis.  Doing so on a regular basis could potentially cause some harm so I can't give you "permission".  

QUESTION: but if a penis damage occurs then there would be a popping pain anyway?, I meant to run normally not pull hard run just hand me my penis from left to right are quietly this is normal it can not hurt right?

If damage occurs, you may or may not experience pain, popping, tingling, bruising or just a loss of erectile function; or maybe some other problem or a combination of these.  Damage caused will depend on the amount of force used and the degree of twisting. Why take the chance?

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute