Urology/urine

Question
sir i am a 15 year old boy no histroy of urinary problem
one saturday in night i noticed few drops of pink colour urine
next day morning my urine urine become bright red urine with no pain
next urine was also that colour after i drink lots of water the urine started becoming lighter in colour on monday it become normal in colour i went to doctor have a blood test urine microscopic test which show rbc was nil and a ultrasound which was normal the blood test was also normal few days i take one more urine microscopic test which show rbc was nil sir search in net which show that painless bright red is symptom of bladder cancer i am afraid
or sir can it due to eating pink cotton candy and i also get light hard on my back that day while climbibg in sliding

Answer
Pankaj:

Bladder cancer in a 15 year old would be exceedingly rare and unusual.  I would suggest you consult with a pediatric urologist to determine what other treatment or diagnostic testing would be recommended.

The redness is certainly not from eating pink cotton candy although your fall might be responsible.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD