Urology/Base (shaft) of penis is weak

Hi. The base (shaft) of my penis is too soft and I can easily see the loose veins. Though I regularly masturbate, but I think this has impacted my erection too over time and it won't last longer as earlier. Can you please advise? Thanks a lot.

I'm not sure what you mean by "loose veins" or where you encounter them.  Regardless, they are not likely to have any impact on erections which depend only on the deep venous system.  

Regular masturbation does not cause erection problems except possibly psychologically in parts of the world where there is a cultural taboo about this.

You should talk to a local physician or consult a urologist to see exactly what is going on that would cause you to thing the base is "soft".

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute