Urology/Base (shaft) of penis is weak

Question
Hi. The base (shaft) of my penis is too soft and I can easily see the loose veins. Though I regularly masturbate, but I think this has impacted my erection too over time and it won't last longer as earlier. Can you please advise? Thanks a lot.

Answer
John:

I'm not sure what you mean by "loose veins" or where you encounter them.  Regardless, they are not likely to have any impact on erections which depend only on the deep venous system.  

Regular masturbation does not cause erection problems except possibly psychologically in parts of the world where there is a cultural taboo about this.

You should talk to a local physician or consult a urologist to see exactly what is going on that would cause you to thing the base is "soft".

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD