Urology/Catheter, optical urethenomy etc

Question
I had a optical urethrotonomy for a congenital stricture in my urethra. Today marks a week since
the operation and with a foley catheter. Im 19 and want this to work and help
Me i dont want a serious surgery or second optical. Im gonna self take
Out the catheter tuesday im nerveous. Im nervous because today i had a wet dream and
I ejaculated. Semen came out by the foley. Is this bad and will it
Have a bad effect on the surgery? I was esperiencing night erections
Since operation only at night but never wet dreams this is the first. Will it
Effect procedure/urethra? Id appreciate the answer so much. Its
4 in the morning i plan to shower later on in the morning im going back to bed with positive
Thinking.

Answer
Peter:

WIth a significant stricture that required surgery, there is no guarantee that it will heal completely well and not require additional treatment. These types of problems often return regardless of how well you take care of them.

I assume your physician has approved your removal of the Foley catheter.

Ejaculation will not affect the healing of the stricture.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD