Urology/Catheter, optical urethenomy etc

I had a optical urethrotonomy for a congenital stricture in my urethra. Today marks a week since
the operation and with a foley catheter. Im 19 and want this to work and help
Me i dont want a serious surgery or second optical. Im gonna self take
Out the catheter tuesday im nerveous. Im nervous because today i had a wet dream and
I ejaculated. Semen came out by the foley. Is this bad and will it
Have a bad effect on the surgery? I was esperiencing night erections
Since operation only at night but never wet dreams this is the first. Will it
Effect procedure/urethra? Id appreciate the answer so much. Its
4 in the morning i plan to shower later on in the morning im going back to bed with positive

WIth a significant stricture that required surgery, there is no guarantee that it will heal completely well and not require additional treatment. These types of problems often return regardless of how well you take care of them.

I assume your physician has approved your removal of the Foley catheter.

Ejaculation will not affect the healing of the stricture.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute