Urology/catheter removal

Question
I removed my catheter today after having it for 11 days. I had urethral stricture surgery. Ive peed about 6 times in the past 30 minutes. My stream seems fine till im almost done. I drank a lot of water and took amtibiotic incase of uti. When i pee towards the end my stream stops and continues for a bit but not as strong as when my stream started and it stings and has blood
Im wondering if this is normal and why its not just one stream instead of a pause after initial stream and then a sting and blood. Hope to hear back from you. Also is peeing this much normal?

Answer
Peter:

It's too early to determine if there is a problem or not.  The stinging and the blood is from the catheter and the surgery.  These should disappear in a day or so.  The frequency could just be from bladder overactivity from the catheter or an infection.  Some swelling from the surgery may also account for some of the difficulties.

You should be asking your surgeon about these issues since he would know how the surgery went and exactly what surgery was done.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD