Urology/Discoloration, brown band

Question
About 5 weeks ago I unfortunately attempted size enhancing exercises. Luckily after the first day things felt strange and I stopped..right away I was very scared because my penis became lifeless and I had ED. Most symptoms have gone down significantly in the past 2 weeks. However I have a brown band that goes around my penis (top, and bottom) from my circumcision scar to the base of my penis. The rest of my penis is pink and this Color change came the next day after I tried these exercises. My general doctor told me it isn't a bruise and there also isn't any pain by the way. Could you lay out some possibilities for this brown discoloration, is there a chance it is permanent or Should my skin go back to it's normal color (pigment?) in time. My penis looks half brown and half pink, it's not an attractive look.

Answer
It's difficult to impossible to identify such a problem without actually seeing it.  A bruise is one possibility but your regular physician didn't think this was the problem.  A skin infection, vitiligo or just a stain is also possible.

Since we can't see the lesion, it's just not possible to determine the etiology or prognosis.  If it persists, consult a dermatologist as they are the experts on skin issues.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD