Urology/Discoloration, brown band

About 5 weeks ago I unfortunately attempted size enhancing exercises. Luckily after the first day things felt strange and I stopped..right away I was very scared because my penis became lifeless and I had ED. Most symptoms have gone down significantly in the past 2 weeks. However I have a brown band that goes around my penis (top, and bottom) from my circumcision scar to the base of my penis. The rest of my penis is pink and this Color change came the next day after I tried these exercises. My general doctor told me it isn't a bruise and there also isn't any pain by the way. Could you lay out some possibilities for this brown discoloration, is there a chance it is permanent or Should my skin go back to it's normal color (pigment?) in time. My penis looks half brown and half pink, it's not an attractive look.

It's difficult to impossible to identify such a problem without actually seeing it.  A bruise is one possibility but your regular physician didn't think this was the problem.  A skin infection, vitiligo or just a stain is also possible.

Since we can't see the lesion, it's just not possible to determine the etiology or prognosis.  If it persists, consult a dermatologist as they are the experts on skin issues.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute