Urology/Ejaculatory Inhibition on ED Drugs

Question
I am a 70 yr.old male using both Cialis and Levitra with fair to good results.  I find that I cannot reach orgasm frequently with resulting blue balls which are relieved through masturbation.  Is there any clinical evidence that either drug makes it more difficult to achieve orgasm as the passion in my relationship is off the charts?  As I remember, I have had this problem about 8 years ago using Viagra.  Additionally, is there any way to prevent the stomach upset (and minor GIRD) that occurs with these drugs?  Thanks.

Answer
Rick:

There is no evidence that any of the ED drugs interfere with ejaculation.  In fact, quite the opposite as they usually help.  Unfortunately, indigestion is a common side effect with these meds.  Viagra is usually the worst and Cialis the least likely to do this.  Try taking it with food.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD