Urology/Ejaculatory Inhibition on ED Drugs

I am a 70 yr.old male using both Cialis and Levitra with fair to good results.  I find that I cannot reach orgasm frequently with resulting blue balls which are relieved through masturbation.  Is there any clinical evidence that either drug makes it more difficult to achieve orgasm as the passion in my relationship is off the charts?  As I remember, I have had this problem about 8 years ago using Viagra.  Additionally, is there any way to prevent the stomach upset (and minor GIRD) that occurs with these drugs?  Thanks.

There is no evidence that any of the ED drugs interfere with ejaculation.  In fact, quite the opposite as they usually help.  Unfortunately, indigestion is a common side effect with these meds.  Viagra is usually the worst and Cialis the least likely to do this.  Try taking it with food.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute