Urology/erectile dysfucntion

hi, i am 23 years old.
three years m ago, I opened up my mind to the possibility of trying anal masturbation. At first, it was a little painful but I took it slowly and got used to it. As I did it more, I became more comfortable with it and less cautious so I would press down harder for a strong sensation.after doing this I noticed that it's now really difficult for me to get erections and when I do, they are only "half-erections" for lack of a better term and I cannot even keep those up for very long. I think I might have Erectile Dysfunction caused by nerve damage sustained from anal masturbation.

my blood test and hormone levels are very good.
i did penile duplex ultrasound. they give me 60mg papaverine HCL injection.
Cavernosal arteries pre injection:
Right cavernosal artery:
Diameter = 0.7mm
Left Cavernosal artery:
-Diameter = 0.8 mm
Cavernosal arteries post injection:
Right cavernosal artery:
Diameter = 1.2 mm
Left Cavernosal artery:
-Diameter = 1.4 mm

min.   right(psv/edv)    left(psv/edv)
0      7/0          7/0
3      25/3          29/0
5      32/0          29/0
10     51/0          50/0
15     44/3          54/2
20     47/3          54/3

conclusion: - normal duplex examination of both cavernosal arteries

but while duplex test didnt have an ereciton. my penis only gained volume.  my doctor said there is no need to increase the dose.

Is it because the nerve damage

my morning erecitons soft and i cant have rigid erection while masturbating any more for three years.
my doctor thinks i have an psychological problem.
but dont agree with him.
what do you think what my problem is? do you think anal masturbation ed.

An actual diagnosis can only be given by your physician.  The blood flow appears reasonable, but if the resulting erection was not rigid enough, it would suggest a problem.  A psychological problem as well cannot be excluded.  There is not enough information to identify a cause.  Nerve damage is not a common result of anal intercourse or masturbation.

In most cases of ED, we concentrate on make the erections better without doing too much testing which doesn't change the outcome.  We usually like to screen for diabetes and testosterone levels and then try various therapies such as Viagra.  Good luck.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute