You are here:

Urology/Corpus spongiosum/urethra/penile problem


Brian Williams wrote at 2013-12-10 01:05:29
I am 45 years old.  I had a place like this come up on me.  I talked to my urologist.  I would recommend you get a physical with your doctor.  I had a bulge come up on me that curved my penis a little that is larger on the right side.  I am not saying this is what you have.  I was told it was an aneurysm of the corpus spongiosium. It is the tissue that blood engorges to make an erection. The tissue is damaged and blood supply fills tissue more and drains slower.  It is not repairable and not problematic.  You need to discuss this with your medical doctor.  He will be direct and explain it to you. Your condition could be something else.  I urge you to see your doctor and to talk to your father about this because sometimes things run in families.  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]