Urology/Penis Jelqing

Question
Hi, I am a 17 year old male and recently I have been very worried about my penis. I can't remember when I started "jelqing" techniques exactly but I do know that it was somewhere around 15 or so. My penis has lost a lot of sensation in the head, and normally my penis feels hard even when it is flaccid. I am really worried that I have done irreparable damage to my penis and won't be able to restore to its full previous sensitivity. The edge of my penis is kind of purple and it also feels desensitized, and erections are hard to keep up without constant handling of my penis during masturbation. I am really scared and I have stopped masturbating as I have read that leaving the penis alone can help the nerves heal. I have also started to do warm towel raps around the head of my penis as well as rubbing coco butter on it. If you could please tell me if I am going to be alright or if I have done permanent damage to myself i would be truly thankful, I am currently to scared and embarrassed to talk to my doctor about it, and I feel like there is nothing that he would be able to do for me.

Answer
Evan:

We have been advising men not to do any jelking just for this reason: first, it doesn't work and second there is a significant risk of real damage to the blood vessels, tissues and nerves of the penis.

In most cases, these injuries are relatively minor and will heal slowly over time.  There really isn't much treatment other than rest and possibly Vitamin B-6.  Some have added cialis and similar agents which tend to increase blood flow and this may help a little.

Healing can take months and even years so be patient.

Now go talk to your physician.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD