Urology/Slow urine stream

Hello, Sir!
Thank you for your efforts.
I'm 24. Single. Sexually active for about a year now. Have sex twice or thrice a month. I also masturbate once a day; sometimes twice.

I suffered from bacterial prostatitis two years ago. after four months of medication I was cured.

Now, I don't have any symptoms of prostatic issues. No burning sensation during ejaculation or urination. No erection problems. But, Sometimes it takes a little while to urinate and the urine stream is slow.

I wonder why???

You state that you've had prostatitis treated in the past.  This can sometimes cause swelling or scarring that can persist long after the original infection.  Or you could be starting a relapse.  

Since your stream is only slow at times, it is unlikely to be anything terribly serious, but you should probably consult with a urologist to be sure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute