Urology/testis problem

Question
hello sir

can you let me know how many days I have to stop ejaculation before semen analysis ?

can you ket me know , how much time the testis heal after hydrocele and varcocile surgery ?

let me know when I have to do semen analysis after surgery to assure the surgery effect on semen sperms ?

please advise
thanks

Answer
Ahmed:

We typically ask for at least 3 days of abstinence before a semen sample for analysis.

Testicular healing is more or less complete by about 2 weeks after surgery.

If the surgery was done to improve sperm parameters, I will usually wait about 3 months or so before checking another semen sample.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD