Urology/testis problem

hello sir

can you let me know how many days I have to stop ejaculation before semen analysis ?

can you ket me know , how much time the testis heal after hydrocele and varcocile surgery ?

let me know when I have to do semen analysis after surgery to assure the surgery effect on semen sperms ?

please advise

We typically ask for at least 3 days of abstinence before a semen sample for analysis.

Testicular healing is more or less complete by about 2 weeks after surgery.

If the surgery was done to improve sperm parameters, I will usually wait about 3 months or so before checking another semen sample.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute