Urology/urethral bleeding

Sir,i have bleeding per urethra without ejaculation or may be mixed with semen whenever i get erected and rub myself over bed for last one month.But when ever masturbated manually only semen comes out.Bleeding is usually clot mixed and comes before urine.Recently i have an episode of uti.Can u give ur suggestion for my problem?I m too much worried.

It's unclear if this is just blood mixed with the semen or if the blood is from some other part of the urinary tract.  Most of the time, this is not anything serious but we can't be sure until it's checked.  You need to contact your personal physician or consult a urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute