QUESTION: sir i have used this service in the past also
i want to tell that 1 1/2 month have pass i have not seen bright red urine should i stop thinking about that bright red urine
the urine test also said rbc was nil

ANSWER: Pankaj:

Regardless of whether the bleeding has stopped or not, an evaluation by a physician is required.  Just because the urine is now clear does not necessarily mean the underlying problem has resolved.

QUESTION: sir i have a ultrasound of full abdomen should i go for ct scan ultrasound was normal

ANSWER: Pankaj:

Personally, I would feel more comfortable with the Full CT scan.  Ultrasound can miss too many potential problems.

QUESTION: sir a person toll me it is a symptom of bladder cancer is it true i am afraid
what condition makes make such urine

Yes, blood in the urine can be the first symptom of a cancer in the bladder.  However, this is more common in older patients and in those who smoke.  Also, bladder cancer is relatively uncommon while blood in the urine is found quite often and is usually something harmless so have it checked but don't get too nervous about it.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute