Urology/urine

Question
"sir i am a 15 year old boy no histroy of urinary problem
one saturday in night i noticed few drops of pink colour urine
next day morning my urine urine become bright red urine with no pain
next urine was also that colour after i drink lots of water the urine started becoming lighter in colour on monday it become normal in colour i went to doctor have a blood test urine microscopic test which show rbc was nil and a ultrasound which was normal the blood test was also normal few days i take one more urine microscopic test which show rbc was nil sir search in net which show that painless bright red is symptom of bladder cancer i am afraid

Answer
Pankaj:

Bladder cancer can cause blood in the urine, but bladder cancer is relatively uncommon and is rarely reported in patients younger than 21 years of age.  There is no reason to feel afraid.  See if you can get a consultation with a pediatric urologist to determine what additional testing, if any, might be reasonable.  Personally, I usually don't trust the ultraousnd to show everything so I typically like to recommend CT scans. However, I no longer treat patients younger than 19 so best to check with the expert.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD