Urology/Catheter wet dream

Question
I am 24 years old and had a wet dream just now with a catheter in. I came around the sides of the catheter. I am concerned about infection.

I originally got the catheter for a tear in my urethra. I have to wear the catheter for another week and a day before it is scheduled to come out for a test to see if it healed.

I took a shower. Everything seems ok right now. No blood. I am going to take some pain pills and go back to sleep for awhile.

Should I be concerned about infection? Should I get my catheter replaced? (I'd really rather not go back to the hospital)

thank you!

Answer
Alex:

There is no need for any concern regarding your situation.  Semen is quite sterile and will not by itself cause any infection.  There is no need to replace the catheter just because of this event.  In fact, it could even be dangerous or even harmful to try before adequate healing has occurred.  You should notify your local urologist but I'd be very surprized if he gave any other advice on this issue.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD