Urology/erectile dysfunction

Hi about a year ago now i noticed that my corpus spongiosum had developed a shallow dent when erect near the head and had become generally softer. Over time it has effected the entire spongiosum the head is smaller and lighter in colour, i assume the blood flow isn't as good as before and it runs down to the base giving the impression it has basically deflated or lost the ability to inflate. I have given up smoking, i can still orgasm but it has become harder to ejaculate which is clearly a serious problem and am gradually losing girth and visible length because the part of the spongiosum behind the corpus cavernosum - upper bit i mean, inside the body, is gradually shrinking. There is also a general feeling of numbness/trapped blood. Can you diagnose this? Is there any way of stopping/improving symptoms?

Diagnosis can only be done by your physicians, but it's possible you could have Peyronie's. This is a condition of the covering of the erection bodies where they lose elasticity and can cause some defects in the penis.  Blood supply to the head is completely and totally separate from the blood supply to the erection bodies.

You should contact your primary physician or consult urology to get a definitive diagnosis.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute